This is a Pneumatic Excavation tool that removes soil from around tree roots with high pressure air. The tool produces a stream of Supersonic air moving at Mach 2. Its primary purpose is to excavate without damaging roots. But the AirSpade has several other handy uses:
- For digging trenches through the root zones of Protected trees. Used for installation of utilities lines, etc , in construction or property development.
- Digging trenches through stoney, or rocky ground. The tool isolates the stones so that they can be removed quickly. This saves a lot of difficult digging.
- Decompaction, aeration, and mixing in of soil amendments around the root zone around large mature trees.
- Decompaction of old roadways.
- Wherever “surgical” digging is required.